Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rudeness

I swear they need to start making pamphlets for how to act when you are out in public. Namely, at any store. A friend once said that if you want to see the downfall of humanity, go to Wal-mart. I get angry every time I go there for one reason or another. Why then do I go? Oh, boys jeans for like 6 bucks? Yep. Usually I know it's a full moon or maybe I'm just overreacting. I always have to deal with the ridiculous lines, the rude people in the aisles, and the cashiers who either don't know what they're doing or just don't care about customer service. They never were taught the Nordstrom theory of Customer Service.

The other day though, I had an experience that made me one angry woman.

I was already done with all of my shopping and was out at my car. I had parked forever away because it was incredibly crowded that day. While I was putting my bags away, an SUV pulled up behind me. Before I could finish getting 5 kids, 3 in car seats, and the bags in the trunk, I heard someone honking. I turned around, and what do you know? The woman in the SUV was honking at ME.

Apparently, I was not getting out of my parking spot quickly enough for her.

I was angry, but I finished what I was doing and tried not to let it bother me. But then, while I was walking back from putting my shopping cart away, she started honking again! And making hand gestures that were less than polite.

I was not pleased to say the least. My blood was boiling. Why in the world did she think what she was doing was OKAY? Did this woman have any manners whatsoever?

So I got in my car, turned on the air, gave the boys juice and turned on the DVD player... slowly, until she finally got so pissed off that she drove away.

It wasn't exactly my best moment, or most mature; but maybe, just maybe she got the message.

Somehow though, I doubt it.

No comments: