
Here we are on 'Kindergarten Eve' and today Bug and Boobah got ready to head off (officially) for Kindergarten tomorrow. THE FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN tomorrow! Yes with lots of other little people in the neighborhood... "oh, they will have a great time," and "they are ready." I know, I know, people say this all the time but I'm having trouble digesting the realness.
After much confusion, on the part of the school and district, and this plan then that..... they are, as I said all along, going to their neighborhood school, in a general ed classroom, with typical peers. It is new for this teacher, the school and the district; but all will be OK. One step at a time everyone.
I am sure we have many struggles ahead but skipping the initial process and the useless bottom-level protocol puts us miles ahead. I have faith............ but also a very good knowledge of the law.............. and am rabidly tenacious about inclusion.
Grandma called and talked to the boys before "THE BIG DAY." They both seem to be excited. We met Miss V, their teacher, and saw their classroom today. We met lots of the other kindies and their parents. They talked and giggled and played with the others, while, as parents will, we chatted and mingled, asked questions and shared our fears.
This is a new journey. Hop on board.
1 comment:
Yay!:)
As we already know, the rest of the class are going to learn so much from your little guys. And have a lot of fun with them. Caleb's friends think he is so funny and he has had several playdates with one little girl. She just adores him.:)
Post a Comment