Thursday, August 5, 2010

Boys and their play

As a mom of five boys, I am no stranger to loud, noisy games. With 5 brothers, I understand the ways that boys play. They don't just drive toy cars, they slam them into each other and send them sailing down the stairs to perform "stunts". They don't paint with brushes when they can dip their hand in the jar of paint and fling it, sending splatters onto all their brothers. They don't walk anywhere - they run, shove, jostle, and slam. Anything with a smooth surface that will raise them a foot or two off the ground will be adopted as a step stool to reach something inappropriate that has been purposely stored out of their reach. Any food item is fair game. And so on and so on. I don't know about princesses but this ROCKS, even though I may not let them know.

No comments: