Thursday, September 16, 2010


My boys bring me so much joy. I owe so much to them. They are so happy and free. The world is so intriguing to them.
The littles are curious and carefree; they spend the day just taking it all in, exploring their new world. Alexi is so imaginative and he thinks so differently than I do. When we read books together and I ask him questions afterwards, he comes up with answers, by pointing usually, that are so simple and so correct, yet, I never come up with the same answers.
Jesse-Ray still makes me laugh and smile when he's retelling the story to me and he can't understand why. I see me; I remember what life was like at his age. I want to learn to think like that again.

With time they are teaching me to remember all the things I've forgotten from my childhood. I want to live thru their eyes, to remember how simple things were and how wonderful things are.

My kids have taught me patience and love. They've taught me joy and happiness. They've taught me what's important in life and what's not. I hope I can, in return, teach them a thing or two along the way.

Time is a thief and gives nothing back, so enjoy every moment you have, you'll never get it back.

No comments: