Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Being A Mom

Often times I find myself being still; quietly watching my children. I love watching them together or alone; to watch them play with their multitude of toys, to make up games together, to show kindness and tolerance to each other, to help each other. Our house is full of noise and chaos, toys will reach out and grab your ankles as you walk by, there are cookie monster slippers and monkey rubber boots laying about, books about all subjects and of every reading level lie on floors, beds are not perfectly made and seeming chaos abounds. With the play furniture (including kitchen set, washer/dryer and ironing board), the puzzles and building blocks, train table and numerous vehicle garages/playsets, etc, I'm sure we could pass for a preschool. The most wonderful sound in the world is a child's laughter. From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to be a mother. I love being a mother. There is mess and noise in our house but more importantly............ there is love and laughter, forgiveness and do-overs, there is exploration and infinite ways to do something. There is Faith and the love of our Father. I am truly blessed.

No comments: